These cabbage rolls made from vegetarian ingredients made with the Rosella Condensed Tomato Soup make a fantastic family meal. They are packed with grains, rice, mushrooms, and other vegetables to serve with mashed potatoes and crispy bread to absorb each drop of delicious tomato soup.
- Steam the cabbage leaves and place the cabbage aside until cool (see the tips). Warm oil in a deep pan, and cook onions along with garlic and mushroom over 3 minutes. Add zucchini and carrots, and cook for another five minutes or till they become soft. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
- Add seven ancient grains that have not been heated. Sachet and egg. Add salt and pepper to the mix. Add 2 TBSP of tomato soup condensed to the mix and mix thoroughly. Set aside
- Transfer the steamed cabbage onto the chopping board, then pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the thick vein of the center from each leaf of cabbage. Spread two heaped tbsp mixture across the base on the leaf. The cabbage leaf is then rolled up by folding the sides inwards to cover it with the filling. Repeat with other leaves and filling.
- Condensed tomato soup and broth to an enormous, deep pan. Bring to a boil, then lay cabbage rolls into the sauce in one layer. Cover. Reduce heat to a low setting and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with potato mash and crusty bread.