This recipe for baked mushrooms and french toast can be used as a brunch, appetizer, or lunch. With its hearty taste, this dish is sure to become a favorite.
- Preheat oven to 240degC or 220degC with fan force. Place the mushrooms stem-side down in an oiled roasting pan.
- Mix oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on both sides of the mushrooms. Roast mushrooms for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- In a shallow dish, combine the eggs and milk. Melt half of the butter in a non-stick large frying pan on medium heat. Dip the two pieces of bread into the egg mixture and allow any excess to drain.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Continue to cook the remaining French toast in the oven.
- Serve with extra maple syrup, if desired, and place one mushroom on each French toast.