This easy and delicious green lentil and avocado breakfast recipe is full of all the healthy ingredients to keep you powering through the day. Start your day with this green bowl for a day full of energy.
- Preheat oven to 200degC or 180degC fan-forced. Bring 2 cups (500ml) water to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add lentils. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender but still retain their shape. Drain
- Meanwhile, place broccolini in a large steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water and steam, covered, for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh and cut it into 1cm pieces. Reserve avocado shells
- Crack eggs into reserved avocado shells and bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Spread pepitas on a small tray and bake with eggs for 2-3 minutes or until golden and toasted.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, juice, honey, and mustard in a large bowl. Add lentils, broccolini, spinach, and avocado and gently toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Top the lentil mixture with baked eggs. Sprinkle with chives to serve