This delicious version of avocado smash makes a great breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Eat this delicious meal from the avocado’s skin.
- Remove the stone from avocados by cutting them in half. Place avocado flesh in a bowl. Reserve avocado shells
- Add lime juice and dill to avocado, and season with pepper and salt. Use a fork and roughly smash the avocado.
- Spoon the avocado mixture back into reserved avocado shells. Use the backside of the spoon for a small indentation on each avocado shell.
- Add vinegar to a large pot of water and bring it to a simmer. Break one egg carefully into a cup and then gently slide the egg into the water (see tip). Repeat the process with the remaining egg. Continue to simmer gently for 1-2 minutes or until the egg whites have set but the yolks remain soft. Drain on paper towels after removing with a slotted teaspoon.
- Place poached egg in the indentations of the avocado. Sprinkle with extra dill. Toast is a good accompaniment.