A cheese and Vegemite roll in your school lunchbox is a great way to make lunchtime enjoyable.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. In a large bowl, sift together flour and salt.
- Grate the butter using a grater into the flour. If it becomes sticky, coat the butter and the grater with flour. Remove the grater, and with your fingers, rub the butter in the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add more milk if the mixture is too dry. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured bench and knead it gently for 30 seconds or until a ball forms.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to create a 35cm x 25cm rectangular shape.
- Spread the vegemite on the dough with a butterknife and sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese over it. Roll the dough up into a long log.
- Cut 12 x 3cm pieces of scrolls from the log using a serrated blade. Place, cut-side up, on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is browned and cooked. Transfer to a cooling rack to allow at least 10 minutes to cool before serving.