This easy mushroom souffle omelet will spice up your breakfast or brunch routine. This dish is an excellent way to start your day. It is also a great dish for brunch.
- Heat oil in a 25cm nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with pepper and salt. Cook for 6-7 mins or until golden. Cover and keep warm. Remove the pan and wipe it clean.
- Separate the eggs by placing the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a larger bowl. Add milk to the egg yolks and whisk them with a fork. With a hand mixer, whip the egg whites with 1/4 teaspoon of salt until stiff peaks are formed.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Butter the pan by brushing it with it. Fold the egg whites and yolks together using a large metal spatula.
- Pour half of the mixture into the pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown and the eggs have just set. Pour half of the creme fraiche over the mushrooms and sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top. Carefully fold the omelet in half. Cook for one minute or until almost done.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate. (Omelets continue to cook once they are removed from the heat source). Repeat with remaining mushrooms, creme fraiche, and cheese. Sprinkle with extra parmesan, chives, and pepper before serving.