Nothing is better than a good loaf of bread with creamy Devondale butter. Anna Gare’s kitchen hack will ensure you get a perfect loaf of bread every time.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and yeast.
- Pour the water in to create a sticky dough. Mix with a spatula.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove it from the fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 1.5-2 hours, depending on the weather (it should be at room temperature before baking).
- Line an oven tray with baking parchment and generously sprinkle with flour. Remove the dough using a spatula and spread it out on the tray. The dough will be very sticky.
- Form the dough into a ciabatta with floured fingers. Turn the dough so that it is now on its floured side.
- Place the baking tray in the oven at 220 degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is golden and hollow when tapped.
- Serve warm with Devondale Dairy Soft butter and jam.