Take a bite that is Apple Spice Scones, the ideal treat to enjoy during the winter months. The pink lady apple provides an explosion of delicious fruit, which makes the scones an easy and delicious choice. Serve them with a drizzle of the Western Star Spreadable for a little bit of pleasure.
- Bake at 200C until fan forced. Grease a large oven tray. Sift flour with one teaspoon of cinnamon and spices into an enormous bowl. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar. Add 80g of butter and rub by using your fingers until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. (see tip)
- Mix in the apple. Make a well in the middle. Mix egg and milk yolk. Add the mix of flour. With a knife with a flat blade, stir until it is incorporated. Make use of your hands to pull together until you have a dough.
- Place the dough on a table lightly sprayed with flour. Then, gently fold into a soft, smooth dough. Don’t over-knead. Make the thickness of 2cm round. Place on tray. Utilize a sharp knife to cut ten wedges approximately 5mm in depth. Apply a coating of butter and sprinkle with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until it is hollow and then golden. Cover with foil in case of over-browning. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Serve it cut into wedges using Wester Star Spreadable.