What is it about something so easy to make that tastes so delicious? This recipe makes a creamy and decadent dessert that can be served hot or cold.
Many people have their recipes and methods of making rice pudding. In Britain, it’s traditionally made in the over (which I remember doing as a child!) Traditionally, in Britain, it is made on the stove or in the oven (which I remember from childhood! It can be prepared in the slow cooker as well.
Why use a slow cooker for rice pudding?
The pudding will have a more dense texture, and the top will brown, creating the infamous “cooked milk skin”!
Slow-cooking rice pudding produces a different texture. It is creamier, and the consistency is smoother. The rice fluffs, and the pudding is perfect for stirring.
The beauty of this method (aside from the fact that it is straightforward and tastes fantastic!) It is so simple to prepare and serve in a variety of ways. You can do it warm with spices or cold with fresh red berries.
WHAT INGREDIENTS CONSTITUTE SLOW COOKER PUDDING?
The available rice pudding recipe is simple. However, you can change the ingredients depending on the richness you desire. I prefer the more affluent side of the spectrum and add cream, butter, and a dash of vanilla when I make this.
It will create a pudding that is silky, creamy, and delicious. This pudding tastes like a real treat but is still very affordable!
Ingredients for this rice pudding recipe in a crockpot are:
- Pudding rice
- Vanilla essence
DO I HAVE TO USE PUDDING RICE?
This rice has a wide, short grain and is suitable for slow rice pudding cooking. This is the only choice.
The Arborio rice (risotto rice) is similar to the shape of pudding rice. It can be substituted. It is slightly firmer but will still make a delicious pudding.
The milk will dissolve the long-grain rice. The pudding will lose its definition and become more stodgy.’
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER RICE PUDDING?
It’s easy to follow the method! You must put everything in the pot and stir it before cooking. This is a great no-fuss recipe!
What can I serve with it?
Rice pudding is rich and sweet, so the best accompaniments are those that complement the sweetness and creaminess.
Here are some suggestions:
- Spices. Nutmeg and cinnamon powder lightly sprinkled over the top are delicious, primarily when you serve your pudding hot. The aroma and flavor are incredible!
- Berry Fruits. Fresh blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are all delicious. They add a nice zing to the pudding. If you’re serving the pudding cold, these are good options.
- Sugar. Maple syrup, honey, or jam can be used to enhance the taste of the pudding.
- How long will rice pudding keep?
- Slow cooker rice pudding can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- The pudding will thicken as it cools. When the pudding is heated, a small amount of milk can be added and gently stirred to loosen it. Before serving, make sure the pudding is hot through and through.