Soup for healthy lunch, snack and dinner. These tasty easy healthy recipes make good diet plans. All the vegetables are fully blended after hours of cooking, the flavors and nutrients have mixed together to make them outstanding healthy meals for your family to enjoy at meal time.
These healthy foods are the best easy meal ideas for all occasions. In the winter, my husband loves to pack a hot meal to take to the mountains when we go skiing. We all welcome a bowl of hearty hot lunch to warm up after a cold morning of fun.
When we get home, we like to have a hot snack to relax in front of our fireplace. It gives a heartwarming feeling. Soup is a healthy source of natural home remedies that can boost our immune systems to fight off comment colds.
When my daughter comes down with a cold, I usually make her a pot of vegetable soup for a light and comforting healthy meal. This healthy Vegetable Soup Recipe is used to make this healthy meal, and she feels better quickly.
French Onion Recipe
It’s a good tasting meal with great flavors. I use this healthy meal for lunch, snack and dinner.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce an)beef broth
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 4 slices reduced-calorie white bread, toasted and cubed
Spray a slow cooker container with non-stick cooking spray. In prepared container, combine beef broth, water, parsley flakes, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add onion. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. For each serving, spoon 1 cup soup mixture into a bowl and sprinkle 1/4 of bread cubes over the top.
Vegetarian Bean Chili Recipe
Delicious healthy recipe. I can eat this easy healthy meal for quick lunch and healthy dinner.
Serves: 6 to 8
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Mix of red kidney, pinto, and black beans for this smoky chili. Serve over rice, along with accompaniments such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped avocado.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14.5-ounces) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 (15.5-ounce) cans beans, rinsed (see note above)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions, bell pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, water, chilies, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, until the chili is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with a little salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Tomato Bean Recipe
Another easy recipe for a good healthy choice meal. Like the Tomato Potato soup, beans are high in fiber and protein. It is substantial enough to make it a healthy easy meal for lunch or dinner. After hours of cooking, the tomatoes and beans are all blended to become fabulous healthy foods. It is the best diet meal for healthy eating.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 – 8 hours
- 20 ounces (two 16 ounce cans) or fresh (you have to soak the beans for 4 to 8 hours before cooking and use about 2 cups of beans) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups (one 16 ounce can) or fresh tomatoes about 2 lbs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- a pinch of black pepper(optional)
Prepare the container use cooking spray and combine navy beans, onion, celery, and undrained tomatoes. Stir in water, pickle relish, sugar, mustard, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Check it after 6 hours of cooking. Mix well before serving.