Cracks are a major problem when boiling eggs. The boiled egg is at risk if it has even the slightest crack.
- Bring your eggs up to room temperature prior to boiling. The shells of the eggs may crack if they are too cold.
- Place the eggs into a pan of cold water. Place the pan on medium heat
- Bring the water to a gentle boil, stirring constantly in an anti-clockwise direction. The water’s movement helps center the yolks.
- Soft-boiled eggs can be cooked in four minutes. Simmer the eggs for five minutes if you want semi-firm whites and hard yolks. For hard-boiled eggs, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove the egg from the water using a slotted teaspoon. Transfer the egg to a cup of water and serve it immediately.