This dish was delicious. I have difficulty finding good words that use tofu instead of meat. This sauce takes it to a new level! I substituted chipotle aioli in place of Yum Yum Yum. Delicious!
Holy spice and crispness! This tofu Tofu chili crunch is chewy, sticky, sweet, and delicious. Two key steps to make this dish:
- Bake the tofu. Tofuu sauce.
The final day! Happy birthday! You’re enjoying spicy, crispy tofu. Tofu is rockstar quality with little effort or thought to the whole process; that’s the essence of the SOS series.
You can prepare the tofu Tofuny way you want. However, I strongly recommend cornstarch for baking (my preferred method described in our tofu recipe). That’s what’s included in the recipe on this page. It is always astonishingly crisp and golden. It’s also an ideal canvas for your favorite sauce.
As for sauces, This one could not be simpler.
- Yum Yum sauce
- Chili crisp
- Honey (optional)
It’s that simple. If you prefer to be stoked about flavor, you could grind one clove of garlic into the sauce to make it smoky. Chili crisp that I like ( Momofuku brand (affiliate link)) has a hint of garlicky, and I’m usually with it as is, but we are a fan of the flavor. WE INVITE FLAVOR. Bring your heart to the max.
I enjoy making this chili crunch tofu recipe for a quick, high-protein dinner for the week, and leftovers can be used to create a second lunch using an additional layer of sauce. This recipe can be made an all-family affair by cooking the tofu Tofuhe kitchen for our daughters with plain Yum Yum sauce, which is delicious and sweet as well as delicate, and of course, they adore it.
Chili crunch tofu with Prez!
Chili Crunch Tofu:
- One block of extra firm tofu
- Two tablespoons cornstarch
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Yum Yum sauce (affiliate link)
- One tablespoon chili crisp (affiliate link)
- One tablespoon honey (optional)
Extras for Serving:
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked (see notes for the cauli rice I like to make!)
- 1/4 cup green onions for topping
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover a baking sheet using parchment.
- Preparing for Tofu: Cut tofu Tofualf to create two equally flat pieces. Then, press the moisture out of the tofu onto towels or paper. (The more water you get rid of, the faster it will cook during baking. However, I typically don’t take longer than 5-10 minutes doing this.) Cut the tofu Tofu pieces and place them in an empty bowl. Add soy sauce and cornstarch along with olive oil. Stir gently to make sure that it is evenly coated. It doesn’t need to be flawlessly smooth, but make sure that you ensure that the pieces are entirely covered.
- Make Rice Prepare Rice by the instructions on the package.
- Bake the tofu Tofu Tofu Tofu tofu on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every once or twice to ensure the tofu is entirely brown and crisp.
- Make the sauce: Mix Yum Yum sauce and chili crisp in the bowl of a small spoon.
- Mix Sauce and Tofu: When the tofu is cooked, mix it with a couple of tablespoons of sauce, leaving some sauce to serve as a topping.
- Serve Enjoy with Rice or on salad noodles, whatever you prefer. Add more sauce if you like, and then top with green onion. Oh, this is so good!
How to make Cauliflower Garlic Rice The recipe is entirely up to you, and something I like using this tofu tofu. I have room for an additional sheet pan. On another sheet pan, place the cauliflower rice. Drizzle it with oil and then season well with salt. Put in the oven simultaneously with the tofu Tofuooked; cook until the Tofuery brown and delicious for about 30-40 mins, turning it over. Add 2 cups of cooked Rice directly into the pan. Add half a teaspoon of garlic powder and one squeeze of lemon. Combine, put it back in the oven for about a minute to warm it to a comfortable temperature, then you’re finished!
Nutrition: The nutrition info below only applies to the tofu Tofudoes, not including Rice.