This may seem obvious to my friends who love cocktails, but I wanted to share these Apple Cider Mimosas. They are a simple, delicious cocktail that can be enjoyed any time of the day, including Thanksgiving. You probably have some apple cider (especially if making my Ciderroasted Turkey Breast) and perhaps some fresh rosemary. So, grab a bottle of sparkling wine and get started!
What kind of SPARKLINE WINE SHOULD YOU USE?
Although you can use any sparkling wine you have, I prefer to use a dry sparkling wine or brut sparkling because apple cider is extremely sweet. Apple cider can mask subtle differences in wine flavor because of its strong flavor. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on wine. I used $7.49 of Tourner brut sparkling wine by ALDI. This article on Champagne and Prosecco will help you sort through all the sparkling wines.
What kind of CIDER SHOULD YOU USE?
This drink is very adaptable. Although I used an inexpensive cider, I believe it would be great to try a local cider if one is available. It’s also possible to make mimosas by steeping the cider with some mulling spices and chilling it.
Easy Apple Cider Cocktail Ingredients
These apple cider mimosas come together in a snap with just two primary ingredients!
- Gold and Silver Sprinkles: Sprinkles add a fun, sparkly garnish to the rims of each champagne flute.
- Apple Cider: I highly recommend using apple cider instead of apple juice for these mimosas! Cider is made from apples that are washed, cut, ground into an apple mash, and pressed into a juice with no heat used. The apple is much more concentrated and adds truly authentic fall flavor. Apple juice is heat-treated and highly filtered. It’s a much milder choice, but it’ll work if it’s all you’ve got.
- Champagne: You can’t have a mimosa without champagne! Champagne is a specific sparkling white wine that comes from the Champagne region of France. Feel free to sub champagne for your favorite bubbly drink like sparkling white grape juice (non-alcoholic), Prosecco, sparkling white wine, and Cava.
- Apple Slices: For garnish! Try using a combination of red and green apple slices or even dried apple rounds!
MAKE YOUR MIX
The formula was simple, with a 50/50 cider to wine ratio. But, as any mimosa lover knows, it can be adjusted to any ratio you want. Do you want a full glass of sparkling wine with just a little cider? You should try it! Do you want cider with just a touch of bubbles? You got it! This drink does not require any skill or expertise. Just pour it and enjoy! 😉
APPLE CIDER MIMOSAS
These Apple Cider Mimosas are easy to make with just two ingredients and an optional fresh garnish.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
- 4 oz. 4 oz. apple cider ($0.18)
- 4 oz. sparkling wine ($1.18)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or thyme) (optional garnish) ($0.10)
- Make sure that the sparkling wine and cider are kept chilled. Four ounces (1/2 cup) of cider should be poured into a champagne flute. Next, pour 4 ounces (1 1/2 cup) of sparkling wines into the champagne flute. Serve with fresh rosemary or thyme garnish, and enjoy.
Serving: 1 drink Calories 145.2 kcal Carbohydrates 17.5g Protein: 0.01 g Fat: 0.0.2 g Sodium 5 mg Fiber: 0.0.3 g