The food habit which a kid learns in his or her early years influences their choice of diet in the later years. The early ages are when a child grows the most, physically as well as mentally. Since they spend most of their day time in school, to take care of their nutritional requirements you should focus on making healthy dinner recipes for kids.
Tips while cooking healthy dinner recipes for kids
- Ensure good dinner ideas for kids and try and give three solid meals a day.
- As a kid they may not like to eat certain vegetables or may not be fond of some of the dishes you make. This is quite normal to happen, so ensure to make different types of recipes and not repeat them frequently.
- Include the vegetables in different forms in the healthy family meals. Include them in soups or you may even make a paste and use in the simple healthy recipes for kid
- Try to include different types of proteins and vitamins that are required by trying good dinner ides for kids.
- Try to get into a routine as to when to eat or how much or what to eat.
Three fun and healthy dinner recipes for kids
Enjoy healthy family meals together. The below mentioned healthy dinner recipes for kids are the best to ensure kids complete their meal. Parents should be confident while serving these simple healthy recipes for kid and delight them.
1) Old-fashioned spaghetti & meatballs
- 4 ounces of slim ground beef
- Hot Italian sausage about 4 ounc.
- 1/3 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 average sized onion, diced finely.
- Egg whites (about 2) casually beaten
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. of fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Marinara sauce prepared- about 4 cups to be precise
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil leaves, or chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti- preferably of whole-wheat.
- Romano cheese/ freshly grated Parmesan of about half cup.
Method of preparation
- Mix water and bulgur in a bowl to prepare meatballs. Let it get tender and liquid absorbed.
- Warm up the oven to 350°F. Coat the stand using cooking spray and put it in baking foil.
- Mix sausage, ground beef, onion, oregano, garlic, pepper, salt and breadcrumbs with egg white and then add the moistened bulgur within a big bowl.
- Make small balls with the mixture, preferably of same size.
- Place these meatballs in the oven to bake it for 25-30 minutes or so.
- Prepare marinara sauce of your choice or you may use a readymade one.
- Cook the meatballs in this sauce and stir well keeping the flame in simmer mode.
- Top the cooked spaghetti using meatballs and the sauce to make it into a complete meal.
- Cheese may be added to as per choice
- Also add the basil leaves and parsley as dressing.
- Super-Veg Pasta
- Two red peppers deseeded and cut into long wedges.
- 1 onion, 1 carrot and 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 2 garlic crushed
- 2 table spoon Olive oil
- Fennel seeds
- Tomato puree 2 tablespoon as well as 400g chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Caster sugar 1 spoon
- Crushed chilies’ as per taste
- Basil leaves
- Cooked egg apsta
Method of preparation
1. Cook the peppers well and transfer to a bowl.
2. Heal oil and cook onion, fennel, carrot until they softens.
3. Add the garlic, chilies, fennel seeds, tomatoes.
4. Cook for some time then add the tomato puree, add the stock and sugar.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are cooked
6. After the sauce is cooked, separate a little from the rest.
7. Blend a part of it and cook this smooth pate until it thickens.
8. Add the separated sauce and serve it with pasta.
- Chicken schnitzel with coleslaw
Ingredients required for schnitzel
- 100g Flour
- 4 small chicken breast
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 large beaten egg
- Vegetable oil
- Use vegetables and fruits as per your preference like cabbage, carrot, spring onion, apple
- Lemon juice
- English mustard
Method of preparation
- Mix all the veggies and fruits and other ingredients to form the coleslaw.
- Cut the chicken into 3mm thick fillets
- Pour flour and egg in different surfaces. Dip chicken in flour to form a coating then put it in egg.
- Toss the chicken in the mixture of parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Freeze these pieces of fillets for some time.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken fillets until golden.
- Place the chickens with a bowl of coleslaw and enjoy with your kids.
Apart from cooking these special dishes make sure to have the dinner together. Discuss the whole day they have spent and enjoy your dinner.